USER ACCOUNTS & PASSWORDS
Why must I have an account to register for anything on this site?
In order to make the registration experience faster and more secure for everyone involved, we now require you to be logged in with your username and password. If you are new to WiD and do not have an account you can register here or you can sign up at the time you register for an event, renew your membership, post a job, etc. If you are an existing user of our site, you should have received a welcome email with your new username and password information.
What if I forget my password?
In the upper-right-hand corner of every page on the site is the username/password section. If you are logged out, you will see a "request new password" link. You must remember either your username or password to reset your password. If you have forgotten both, contact the WiD office at email@example.com or 212.265.7650.
What if my username and password login does not work?
Before calling for help, re-enter your username and password (sent to you via a welcome email) making sure that you pay special attention to upper and lowercase characters. They are case-sensitive. If you still cannot login, try to reset your password by clicking on the "request new password" link. This will send you an email with a one-time link to reset your password. If you have tried all of the above, contact the WiD office at 212.265.7650.
What if I don't see the username/password section of the site?
When you are logged into the site, the upper-right hand corner of the screen is replaced with a "Welcome, Username" section with access to your account and a logout link. If you are a current member, you will also see the link to the Members Only Menu there as well. If you do not see the Members Only Menu but instead see the Join/Renew link, this means that either your membership is lapsed or you have never been a member of WiD before.
Why can't my colleague and I share an account on this site?
Every account on this site is tied to an individual contact record which contains the entire history of everything that person has done since they joined WiD. If you use someone else's username and password to log in to the site, you will overwrite their history with your own. Please keep your username and password for yourself and yourself alone.
What if I leave the organization and my supervisor wants to give my membership to my replacement?
Our administrative staff can grant the new employee the remainder of your membership term should you leave the organization mid-year. Please contact the WiD office for assistance at 212.265.7650.
Do I need to be a member to attend an event?
No, you do not need to be a member to attend most WiD events. We do however, schedule one "members-only" event and a President's Council event annually which do require current membership.
POSTING A JOB
Do I need to be a member to Post A Job?
No, anyone can post a position to the Job Bank, however, please note that only members can view the actual listings.
Do members get a listing fee discount to Post A Job?
No, the fees for job listings are based on who is posting the job. The non-profit fee to post is $125. The "for-profit" (search/recruitment/ad agencies) fee to post is $200.
How does the Post a Job Process Work?
1. If you are posting a job for the first time, you will be asked to either login or create a new account.
2. After your account has been created, login with your new username and password.
3. For those of you who are brand new to WiD, you will be asked one-time only to identify yourself as either a nonprofit or a for profit.
4. From this point on (as long as you stay logged in), when you click on Post a Job, you will be directed to the listing page where you can enter your job details.
NOTE: This system using a shopping cart system to "purchase" job listings. If you are interrupted after entering the job listing and do not have time to pay, the listing will be saved in your shopping cart until you login again. You can always return later and pay for or remove the listing from your cart.
5. Once you have entered your listing, you can either checkout or enter more listings and then checkout. At any time (before paying) you can always go back and edit a listing in your cart.
6. From the shopping cart, select checkout which will bring you to a page to confirm your listings.
7. Enter your name, address, billing info and payment choice. NOTE: When you post a job the next time, you will be able to select from a dropdown of "saved addresses", so you do not have to manually enter your address again.
8. If you are paying by check, please send your check as soon as possible, as your listing will not be posted until payment is received.
9. If you are paying by credit card, your job will most likely be posted within 1 business day.
How do I get a copy of my job listing as it appears on the website?
1. If you are a current member, simply login to the members only menu, go to Get a Job, look up your listing and click on the PDF icon in the upper-right hand corner of the listing page.
2. If you are not a member, you should receive a copy of the listing via PDF from the WiD office. Contact the office if you do not receive your copy.
How do I get another copy of my invoice for my records?
1. Login and click Your Account. You should see a Job Postings Tab. This will give you access to all of the job orders you've purchased.
2. Click on the magnifying glass icon next to the order number to view your order. You should be able to print an invoice from here.
If I'm a member, can my guest also get the members' discount to events?
Does WiD have organizational memberships?
No. All memberships are for individuals.